The Ingonish area is a destination for all seasons. Be inspired by the breathtaking coastal and mountain scenery whether bathed in sunshine or covered in snow. You will find Cape Breton entertainment nightly May-October with many options for eating out featuring fresh seafood and house specialities. Accommodations range from cozy cottages, small Inns and vacation homes to the full service treatment at Keltic Lodge Resort and Spa. Golf at Highlands Links Canada’s # 1 public golf course, take in a whale watch excursion, hike a trail and relax on the sandy shores of Ingonish Beach in either salt or freshwater. Join us at the Hike the Highlands Festival in September. On the doorstep of Cape Breton Highlands National Park, we provide complimentary services to all that the park offers. Wintertime enjoy cross-country skiing and snowshoeing in the area along with downhill Skiing at Ski Cape Smokey.
Suggested Activities & Experiences
- Cape Breton Highlands National Park – hiking, camping and more.
- Guided Middle Head Hike – July & August every day at 10:00 am. Cape Breton Highlands
- National Park, Ingonish Beach.
- Annual Cape Breton Highlands 3 Peaks Challenge, hike 3 mountains in one day.
- Seeing in the Dark – Warren Lake, Cape Breton Highlands National Park.
- Lantern Walk Thru Time, Freshwater Lake, Ingonish beach Day Area, Cape Breton Highlands National Park.
- Annual Hike the Highlands Festival, 10 days in September
- Conquer the Highlands Challenge – Hike all 26 hiking trails in the Cape Breton Highlands National Park.
- Enjoy swimming at Ingonish Beach, Freshwater Lake, North Bay Beach, Warren Lake, Mary Ann Falls, North Ingonish Beach and Black Brook.
Community website: www.experienceingonish.com
Photo credits - Tourism NS (Ingonish Beach) & Tom Wilson (Mary Ann Falls)